CIMA Strategic Case Study – Pre-seen Materials – May/August 2021
Why is the pre-seen so important?
The pre-seen is at the core of every case study. To pass you MUST fully understand the company and its industry.
Why? Because the examiner expects you to apply EVERYTHING to the pre-seen scenario. It’s not about knowing the theory anymore (you’ve proved you can do that in the OT exams) it’s about showing how that theory relates to the pre-seen company.
Almost every post-exam report the examiner notes that people are doing poorly because they are not applying answers to the
So how can we help? Our case study experts are here to support you with a range of pre-seen materials designed to make this part of your revision as easy as possible!
The pre-seen materials:
- Let you see the pre-seen through the eyes of our SCS expert, picking out all of the key information
- Apply key theory and models to the
- Investigate the top 10 most likely issues to appear in your exam
- Give a detailed analysis of the pre-seen industry, helping you to build more rounded answers in your exam
- Test how well you have understood the pre-seen with a set of knowledge-based questions
Maximise your marks
- Our case study experts show you the most important points in the pre-seen to apply to your exam
- Our top 10 issues list enables you to focus study time where it’s most likely to gain marks
Minimise study time
- Let our SCS experts guide you to what’s important (and what’s not) to really focus your study time
- We’ve done the industry research for you saving hours of your own research time
Value for money
- Over 7 hours of video tuition to help you through your studies
- Over 190 pages of pre-seen analysis
- 30 knowledge-based questions to check your knowledge of the
Pre-seen material samples – May/August 2021 – Arrfield
It’s vital that you fully analyse your
- A page-
by-page analysis of every section of the pre- seen from front to back with a focus on the business perspective (E3). Our CIMA SCS expert picks out all of the key information not to be missed
- One video takes an F3 perspective of the pre-
seen with emphasis on financial accounts
- Another takes a P3 perspective with emphasis on management accounting and risk
- Typically around 5 hours of guidance is provided
Pre-seen analysis sample:
It’s extremely important that you have the ability to identify how the pre-
It can be hard to fully analyse a company using models you’ve only recently learned and be confident you’ve got it right. Our strategic analysis has done the hard work for you!
- Using the key models and theories we give you an in-depth understanding of the pre-seen organisation and its position in the market
- Topics include: SWOT, PESTLE, 5 forces, objectives and performance measurement, governance, ethics and CSR analysis, critical success factors and stakeholder analysis
- The document revises key theory and then applies it to the
- The video analyses the model explaining how we’ve applied it and what it means for your exam
Strategic analysis samples:
The top 10 issues identifies the 10 most likely issues to appear in the exam. Our SCS expert gives guidance on how to deal with the issues in your answers, provides advice on which models to use and key points you should raise.
Based on our experience of analysing CIMA case studies for over 10 years, our predictions have been extremely accurate in previous exams, with around 70-
Top 10 Issues:
- 10 detailed “could be” issues that may come up in the exam and guidance on how to deal with them in your answer including advice on which models to use and key points you should raise
- The document gives summary slides for each of the issues
- The video provides our expert’s analysis of why that issue is so important and how to apply it to the exam
Top 10 issues samples:
It is critical to demonstrate to the examiner that you have fully understood the pre-
Researching the industry can be a laborious process, especially when you’re not sure which information is useful and which is not.
Our team has spent hours doing this research for you, finding the information that will help you to achieve a wider perspective of the industry and build a deeper knowledge in preparation for your exam.
- An overview of the industry and its background
- A review of the current market and competitors
- Detailed analysis of a similar real-life organisation to understand how it applies to the real-world
- 25 industry examples to learn and use in relevant sections of your exam for extra marks
- The document provides a detailed industry overview and is fully comprehensive
- The video provides a high-level summary, in around an hour, of the key points
Industry analysis samples:
Once you have worked your way through the pre-seen materials, you can now test your understanding with our pre-seen knowledge questions.
These challenging questions cover a wide variety of topics that you should be familiar with before moving onwards with your case study revision.
Pre-seen knowledge questions:
- 30 challenging questions
- Picking up the
keyknowledge you should know before the exam
- Test yourself and learn
- Each question comes with a detailed solution
Pre-seen Knowledge Question Samples
“I finished my objective exams almost at the end of July, leaving me with only 4 weeks to study for the SCS exam. I decided to try astranti and bought the full SCS course (half the price of usual providers) and I was blown away by how much useful material they add on to their course. I managed to learn a lot in a very short period of time and I honestly recommend astranti to every accounting student now. The ten most likely questions tutorial was spot on… Good value for money and highly recommended.”
“The pre-seen video materials were the real reason I passed the OCS, MCS & SCS exams! Not only does Astranti provide great value for money content, it is succinct and makes balancing work/study/life manageable.”
Purchase the pre-seen documents, videos & questions*
Pre-seen analysis videos
Pre-seen knowledge questions
Strategic analysis document & video
Top 10 issues document & video
Industry analysis document & video
Complete pre-seen pack: ALL documents, videos and questions
Find more strategic case study materials: