CIMA Operational Case Study – Theory Revision Series
The key theory you need to know
The case study exam is heavily focused on the application of technical knowledge you have learned for the objective tests.
It’s really vital that you know the theory inside out. After all, you can’t apply technical knowledge that you don’t have!
Interestingly, the majority of students that sat the case study in recent sittings told us they wished they had spent more time revising the theory prior to exam day.
So, we’ve created a theory revision series, focusing on the key topics you’ll need to know for the CIMA OCS exam!
The combination of our concise study text and comprehensive tuition videos provides all of the theory that you need from the E1, P1 and F1 exams to make sure you’re prepared for the topics most likely to be tested in this challenging case study exam.
Why use the Astranti theory revision series?
Learn what it takes to pass
- Focuses only on the key topics that you’re most likely to be tested on
- Clear and simple examples bring each topic to life to help you quickly master difficult topics.
Reduce revision time
- Perfect if you don’t have time to read the full E1, P1 and F1 study texts
- Saves you the hours of revision time by focusing only on the key topics
- All of the content in one place without the need to revisit previous study material
Mix up your learning
- Combination of study text and tuition video series
- Vary your learning style to cement your knowledge
- Download the audios and print as you need
Find out more and access our samples
Part 1 – key theory from CIMA E1
- Chapter 1: Key performance indicators
- Chapter 2: The finance function and IT
- Chapter 3: Data and the finance function
Total video running time: 3 hours
Sample chapter: Key Performance Indicators
Sample video: Key Performance Indicators
Part 2 – key theory from CIMA F1
- Chapter 1: IAS2 inventories
- Chapter 2: Non-current assets
- Chapter 3: Other accounting standards
- Chapter 4: IFRS 16 leases
- Chapter 5: Corporate taxation
- Chapter 6: Working capital management
- Chapter 7: Managing receivables and payables
- Chapter 8: Managing inventories and cash
Total video running time: 9 hours
Sample chapter: IAS2 Inventories
Sample video: IAS2 Inventories
Part 3 – key theory from CIMA P1
- Chapter 1: Activity based costing
- Chapter 2: Costs and decisions
- Chapter 3: Break even analysis
- Chapter 4: Linear programming
- Chapter 5: Budgeting
- Chapter 6: Budgetary control
- Chapter 7: Variance analysis
- Chapter 8: Forecasting
- Chapter 9: Uncertainty analysis
Total video running time: 10 hours
Sample chapter: Activity-Based Costing
Sample video: Activity-Based Costing
What our students say
“Second sitting of the CIMA Operational Case Study and despite what felt like a tough exam which left me feeling not too confident managed to pass by a comfortable margin. I can only attribute this to the methodology of how to approach the exam and effective time management that was taught by Astranti. Its all too easy to get off topic and write a lot of material which is irrelevant and just repeating what you’ve already stated. Which cost me marks and ultimately the exam in my first sitting. Thanks to Astranti, the lectures and my marker for the mock exams for providing the guidance to help me pass!”
“Astranti were absolutely vital in helping me to pass this exam first time, the masterclasses, condensed notes and Mock exams are brilliant in preparing you for the exam. I cannot recommend them highly enough if you want the best chance of succeeding first time in your OCS exam.”
Purchase the theory revision series
OCS theory revision series
The theory revision series is available for 12 months after purchasing and can be accessed online only. Audios of each video can be downloaded and used offline, and the study guide can be printed in full or by chapter.
Find more Operational Case Study materials: