CIMA Operational Case Study – Mock Exams – May 2019 – VitaMine
No matter how well you know the theory and the pre-seen, unless you can use your knowledge in an exam situation, all of your revision is worthless!
To make sure you pass first time, you need to prepare yourself for even the most challenging of questions under exam conditions. That’s why we create 3 brand new mock exams for each case study sitting, each tailored to the latest pre-seen and based on topics we think you are most likely to see in your exam.
Our case study mocks will:
- Test your overall knowledge of the syllabus and the latest pre-seen
- Highlight your weaknesses to focus on in your remaining revision
- Improve your time management skills in an exam environment
Are you ready for the CIMA exam?
- Exam standard mock exams, replicating the real thing
- Use the interactive version to test yourself in an online environment which mimics the real exam
- Updated for each case study sitting to relate to the latest pre-seen and industry
Learn from your mistakes
- Comprehensive solutions provided online with every mock exam
- Solutions include model answers so that you can see how high-quality answers are structured and written
- Compare your answers the solutions to assess your own performance
- Marking is available as an add-on to get detailed personalised feedback on how to improve.
Focus your revision
- Identify areas of weakness so you can focus your revision on the key areas for you
- Format replicates the final exam so there are no surprises when you enter the real thing
- Attempt the mocks as many times as you like within the sitting, so that you can keep testing yourself as you progress through your studies
Mock exam synopses – May 2019 – VitaMine
OCS Mock Exam 1 - Synopsis
Mock one opens with VitaMine in hot water after being forced to issue a product recall notice. Initially you are asked to deal with some of the financial reporting and ethical considerations resulting from the recall.
VitaMine then tries to move on with a new product range and improve the culture of quality throughout the organisation. However, the spectre of the product recall looms large, as questions are raised over the company’s inventory management, while the culture of improvement continues with proposals about improved budgetary control. Finally the announcement of some long awaited legislation causes VitaMine to review their operations.
OCS Mock Exam 2 - Synopsis
This mock exam covers a range of issues that VitaMine will encounter in the process of researching, developing and launching a new product. This includes analysis of different products the company could pursue and the risks and benefits associated with each, the suitability of the company’s current costing system and forecasting demand for the new range.
Marketing and supply chain management are also important areas for consideration, as well as the treatment of research and development expenditure and the cost’s associated with new machinery incurred on this project. Finally, reviewing the success of the new product in it’s first month of production, by considering the fixed overhead variances and reasons these may have arisen.
OCS Mock Exam 3 - Synopsis
VitaMine are considering various options for growth, the most salient being mergers and acquisitions. The questions revolve around the implications of the acquisition of VitaSite as a subsidiary in order to bring an online store in-house. The decision comes with risk but also offers many benefits and will need consideration of how it would impact the company’s infrastructure.
Post-acquisition, there is a need to identify relevant options for short-term finance and appropriate pricing options. Finally, there is yet another acquisition opportunity, but some analysis of information is required to better understand approaches to manufacturing and how to reduce waste. Overall, this is a mock of moderate difficulty which will require a strong knowledge of the company and the ability to use that knowledge in new scenarios.
By purchasing marking and feedback for your case study mock exams, you will be assigned your own OCS exam marker who will mark your mock exam, highlight your strengths and weaknesses and give you detailed feedback as to how you can improve on your exam performance.
Our marking & feedback will:
- Offer a helping hand, from an experienced, CIMA qualified tutor
- Provide you with a 9-page document highlighting what you did well, what needs improvement and how to go forward with your studies
- Maximise your marks by giving you specific areas to focus on in the remainder of your revision
- Improve your exam technique – our markers know exactly what it takes to write great answers and score high marks
OCS Mock Exams 1-3
Mock exams not included. Please purchase mock exams individually first*
Marking & Feedback x3
Note: Please allow for 2 weeks after the pre-seen release date for us to update our mock exams. You can still purchase the materials for your studies now, as they will be updated automatically in your account as soon as they are available for your pre-seen. The mock exams will be available for up to 3 months (or until the end of the case study exams for your particular sitting).
Find more operational study materials