25% OFF OCS Mock Exams + Marking & Feedback. Use promo code: OCSMOCKMARKING19 (valid until 24/07/2019)
CIMA Operational Case Study – Mock Exams – August 2019 – AKL Sparkle
No matter how well you know the theory and the pre-seen, unless you can use your knowledge in an exam situation, all of your revision is worthless!
To make sure you pass first time, you need to prepare yourself for even the most challenging of questions under exam conditions. That’s why we create 3 brand new mock exams for each case study sitting, each tailored to the latest pre-seen and based on topics we think you are most likely to see in your exam.
Our case study mocks will:
- Test your overall knowledge of the syllabus and the latest pre-seen
- Highlight your weaknesses to focus on in your remaining revision
- Improve your time management skills in an exam environment
Are you ready for the CIMA exam?
- Exam standard mock exams, replicating the real thing
- Use the interactive version to test yourself in an online environment which mimics the real exam
- Updated for each case study sitting to relate to the latest pre-seen and industry
Learn from your mistakes
- Comprehensive solutions provided online with every mock exam
- Solutions include model answers so that you can see how high-quality answers are structured and written
- Compare your answers the solutions to assess your own performance
- Marking is available as an add-on to get detailed personalised feedback on how to improve.
Focus your revision
- Identify areas of weakness so you can focus your revision on the key areas for you
- Format replicates the final exam so there are no surprises when you enter the real thing
- Attempt the mocks as many times as you like within the sitting, so that you can keep testing yourself as you progress through your studies
Mock exam synopses – August 2019 – AKL Sparkle
OCS Mock Exam 1 - Synopsis
Mock 1 opens with AKL Sparkle in hot water after a serious ethical issue has been uncovered in their supply chain. Initially you are asked to assess the fallout from these issues and the ethical and environmental impact of AKL’s operations.
Moving forward, AKL begins to assess its supplier relationships, with the decision making and risk levels behind changing suppliers assessed. When the decision is made to change suppliers, the company needs help with its supplier sourcing strategy, as well as in dealing with some of the financial and management accounting impacts of this decision.
OCS Mock Exam 2 - Synopsis
Mock 2 centres around AKL’s decision to expand it’s operations into online retail. The first task is to consider how competitor data can be used to assess viability of a new website, and to set out the factors that must initially be taken into consideration when choosing between developing the website in house or outsourcing this service.
In-house development then comes to the fore, with a focus on analysing the relevant costs to AKL of undertaking this project internally, and how any new assets, procured for this project, will need to be accounted for.
Moving forward, AKL’s attention is then focused on customers and staff. In particular how should the sales made to overseas customers be recorded, what type of individual should the company be looking to recruit into the new Website Manager role, and how should the company be marketing it’s products to customers?
OCS Mock Exam 3 - Synopsis
A potential acquisition scenario leads to a number of issues for AKL Sparkle to deal with. First of all, it must decide the best acquisition option by understanding the impact of various scenarios on the company. This means the company may have to re-engineer certain aspects of the finance function.
Another ongoing issue is with the enamelling department, where the staff may have motivation issues. Indeed, a staff shortage means sourcing additional labour and the question is how much extra to pay for this much needed handiwork.
As the acquisition goes ahead, the way the company produces costings may need to change to a more suitable system. Additionally, it may need to consider what costs are incurred to ensure quality.
Finally, there is a need for clarification on the impact of the acquisition on the company’s financial statements, a long with a few other things.
This is a moderately difficult mock, pulling from all areas of the syllabus.
By purchasing marking and feedback for your case study mock exams, you will be assigned your own OCS exam marker who will mark your mock exam, highlight your strengths and weaknesses and give you detailed feedback as to how you can improve on your exam performance.
Our marking & feedback will:
- Offer a helping hand, from an experienced, CIMA qualified tutor
- Provide you with a 9-page document highlighting what you did well, what needs improvement and how to go forward with your studies
- Maximise your marks by giving you specific areas to focus on in the remainder of your revision
- Improve your exam technique – our markers know exactly what it takes to write great answers and score high marks
OCS Mock Exams 1-3
Mock exams not included. Please purchase mock exams individually first*
Marking & Feedback x3
*Purchasing marking & feedback products only will not give you access to mock exams. Mock exams will need to be purchased alongside or before marking & feedback in order to get full access. Please note mocks take 3-5 days to be marked and returned with feedback. Solutions are available with all mock exams as standard.
Note: Please allow for 2 weeks after the pre-seen release date for us to update our mock exams. You can still purchase the materials for your studies now, as they will be updated automatically in your account as soon as they are available for your pre-seen. The mock exams will be available for up to 3 months (or until the end of the case study exams for your particular sitting).
Mock exam questions will be printable however the solution documents will be available online only.
Find more operational study materials