CIMA Management Case Study – Mock Exams – November 2020/February 2021
Our mock exams
No matter how well you know the theory and the pre-seen, unless you can use your knowledge in an exam situation, all of your revision is worthless!
To make sure you pass first time, you need to prepare yourself for even the most challenging of questions under exam conditions. That’s why we create 5 brand new mock exams for each Case Study sitting, each tailored to the latest pre-seen and based on topics we think you are most likely to see in your exam.
Our Case Study mocks will:
- Test your overall knowledge of the syllabus and the latest pre-seen
- Highlight your weaknesses to focus on in your remaining revision
- Improve your time management skills in an exam environment
Are you ready for the CIMA exam?
- Exam standard mock exams, replicating the real thing
- Use the interactive version to test yourself in an online environment which mimics the real exam
- Updated for each Case Study sitting to relate to the latest pre-seen and industry
Learn from your mistakes
- Comprehensive solutions provided online with every mock exam
- Solutions include model answers so that you can see how high- quality answers are structured and written
- Compare your answers the solutions to assess your own performance
- Marking is available as an add-on to get detailed personalised feedback on how to improve.
Focus your revision
- Identify areas of weakness so you can focus your revision on the key areas for you
- Format replicates the final exam so there are no surprises when you enter the real thing
- Attempt the mocks as many times as you like within the sitting, so that you can keep testing yourself as you progress through your studies
Mock exam synopses
MCS mock exam 1 - synopsis
Prybloxx won the contract to start making licensed toys. There is a lot of work to be done to meet a December launch date and the teams are feeling the pressure. These collaborative problems need to be sorted out. There is also a request to clarify how this contract fits in with the accounting standard.
The teams pulled through and Prybloxx has started production to meet the deadline. Expected demands have changed, resulting in extra production requirements. Due to increased production, Prybloxx requires additional operational and storage capacity.
With all this happening, funds became tight. Prybloxx is looking to improve cash flow temporarily whilst keeping operations running. Prybloxx has also hired some new staff and wishes to ensure that these employees integrate well within the company.
I would classify this mock to be moderate in difficulty.
MCS mock exam 2 - synopsis
This mock is based around a potential foreign acquisition of a specialist parts manufacturer in a bid to expand Prybloxx’s product range. However, it represents a significant shift for the company and a number of issues will need to be dealt with. Firstly a thorough evaluation of the acquisition is needed before any further action can be made. Upon acquisition, the company will need to resolve problems around a new project and conflict resolution between teams.
This is a difficult mock that will require a strong understanding of key models but also the ability to move beyond reciting theory and going on to apply these models in making decisions and implementing strategy in the company.
MCS mock exam 3 - synopsis
Mock 3 opens with Prybloxx considering a new, digital venture. Initially, you are asked to assess the suitability of this venture in relation to the company’s current business model and value chain. As the mock progresses, financing, project management and quality control are tested. Pricing and negotiation in relation to the company’s new venture, are then examined, before the mock concludes with questions on performance measurement and IAS 37.
MCS mock exam 4 - synopsis
Mock 3 opens with Prybloxx looking to address a conflict between its internal departments and what characteristics are indicative of a high performing team. As the mock progresses, you will be asked to understand and explain the challenges of big data and how to treat revenue from a contract in accordance with IFRS. The risks associated with handling data and how to control them are examined before the mock concludes with questions on an appropriate pricing strategy and an explanation of a business process re-engineering cost management strategy.
MCS mock exam 5 - synopsis
Synopsis coming soon
By purchasing marking and feedback for your Case Study mock exams, you will be assigned your own MCS exam marker who will mark your mock exam, highlight your strengths and weaknesses and give you detailed feedback as to how you can improve on your exam performance.
Our marking & feedback will:
- Offer a helping hand, from an experienced, CIMA qualified tutor
- Provide you with a 9-page document highlighting what you did well, what needs improvement and how to go forward with your studies
- Maximise your marks by giving you specific areas to focus on in the remainder of your revision
- Improve your exam technique – our markers know exactly what it takes to write great answers and score high marks
“The best management case study mocks. I appreciated very much the mock exam marking and feedback service. This helped me to prepare better for the exam.”
“I got the mock exams from Astranti for the MCS exam in 2018 and I was able to pass in one shot. I did not go for any classes and totally depended on Astranti for its study material. I especially recommend Astranti for self studying students like me.”
MCS mock exams:
MCS mock exam 1
MCS mock exam 2
MCS mock exam 3
MCS mock exam 4
MCS mock exam 5
MCS mock exams 1-5
MCS mock exams 1-7
MCS marking & feedback:
Mock exams not included. Please purchase mock exams individually first*
Marking & feedback x1
Marking & feedback x2
Marking & feedback x3
Marking & feedback x4
Marking & feedback x5
Marking & feedback x6
Marking & feedback x7
*Purchasing marking & feedback products only will not give you access to mock exams. Mock exams will need to be purchased alongside or before marking & feedback in order to get full access. Please note mocks take 3-5 days to be marked and returned with feedback. Solutions are available with all mock exams as standard.
Mock exam questions will be printable however the solution documents will be available online only.
Find more Management Case Study materials