CIMA Management Case Study – Mock Exams – May 2019 – Jord Homes
Our mock exams
No matter how well you know the theory and the pre-seen, unless you can use your knowledge in an exam situation, all of your revision is worthless!
To make sure you pass first time, you need to prepare yourself for even the most challenging of questions under exam conditions. That’s why we create 3 brand new mock exams for each case study sitting, each tailored to the latest pre-seen and based on topics we think you are most likely to see in your exam.
Our case study mocks will:
- Test your overall knowledge of the syllabus and the latest pre-seen
- Highlight your weaknesses to focus on in your remaining revision
- Improve your time management skills in an exam environment
Are you ready for the CIMA exam?
- Exam standard mock exams, replicating the real thing
- Use the interactive version to test yourself in an online environment which mimics the real exam
- Updated for each case study sitting to relate to the latest pre-seen and industry
Learn from your mistakes
- Comprehensive solutions provided online with every mock exam
- Solutions include model answers so that you can see how high- quality answers are structured and written
- Compare your answers the solutions to assess your own performance
- Marking is available as an add-on to get detailed personalised feedback on how to improve.
Focus your revision
- Identify areas of weakness so you can focus your revision on the key areas for you
- Format replicates the final exam so there are no surprises when you enter the real thing
- Attempt the mocks as many times as you like within the sitting, so that you can keep testing yourself as you progress through your studies
Mock exam synopses – May 2019 – Jord Homes
MCS Mock Exam 1 - Synopsis
This is a challenging mock that includes a lot of evaluation of a significant amount of background information and associated reference material. Many students may find they get bogged down in the volume of information and will then find that time management becomes a challenge.
This technical evaluation of the material provided needs to be combined with knowledge of the pre-seen to do analysis and make recommendations around current issues affecting Jord Homes expansion plans as well as plans to protect its position as a premium manufacturer of prefabricated homes. The issues facing Jord Homes are wide ranging and include how to fund a potential new manufacturing facility and how to deal with business risks associated with expanding into foreign markets. Internal issues concern value analysis in the value chain, delegation to managers from the CEO and Jord Homes corporate strategy. You will also need to provide advice on an ethical issue and show your knowledge of potential accounting provisions.
MCS Mock Exam 2 - Synopsis
This mock is difficult. There is a lot of unseen content to digest and time management is key. The mock looks at the strategic, financial and operational aspects of a prefabricated hotel expansion strategy.
The first section analyses manpower options to address a project delay and also discusses project risk management to avoid future delays and issues.
The second section discusses the tasks needed for effective project completion so that clients are satisfied. It then discusses the process of implementation of a balance scorecard that tracks customer service and customer satisfaction.
The third section analyses options for a larger production site whilst considering CSR. It then looks at the impacts of debt finance to fund the new production facility.
The final section discusses the organisational impact of a flotation that will enable international expansion. It also discusses the consequent governance requirements.
MCS Mock Exam 3 - Synopsis
This is a challenging mock that includes a lot of evaluation of a significant amount of background information and associated reference material, including financial information. Many students may find they get bogged down in the volume of information and will then find that time management becomes a challenge.
The technical evaluation of the material provided needs to be combined with knowledge of the pre-seen to do analysis and make recommendations around current issues affecting Jord Homes trading relationships including with key suppliers and identifying risks. The issues facing Jord Homes are wide ranging and include which mutually exclusive project should be funded from the available capital expenditure budget and in identifying sources of national competitive advantage, so knowledge of the pre-seen is key here. Internal issues concern continuous improvement and managing potential staff resistance to this. You will also need to provide advice on an ethical issue and how your knowledge of how foreign currency transactions should be recorded in Jord homes accounts.
Our marking & feedback will:
- Offer a helping hand, from an experienced, CIMA qualified tutor
- Provide you with a 9-page document highlighting what you did well, what needs improvement and how to go forward with your studies
- Maximise your marks by giving you specific areas to focus on in the remainder of your revision
- Improve your exam technique – our markers know exactly what it takes to write great answers and score high marks
MCS Mock Exams 1-3
Mock exams not included. Please purchase mock exams individually first*
Marking & Feedback x3
*Purchasing marking & feedback products only will not give you access to mock exams. Mock exams will need to be purchased alongside or before marking & feedback in order to get full access. Please note mocks take 3-5 days to be marked and returned with feedback. Solutions are available with all mock exams as standard.
Note: Please allow for 2 weeks after the pre-seen release date for us to update our mock exams. You can still purchase the materials for your studies now, as they will be updated automatically in your account as soon as they are available for your pre-seen. The mock exams will be available for up to 3 months (or until the end of the case study exams for your particular sitting).
Find more management study materials