IAS 12 Income Tax
It has been said that there are only two things that are certain in this world: death and taxes. And, whilst calculating an organisation’s tax liabilities can be a minefield, the recording of tax in the financial statements need not be.
The international financial reporting standard, IAS 12, provides rules for recording tax in the financial statements. In this course, we will take you step-by-step through these to ensure you can comply with this important standard and present an organisation’s tax liabilities in the accounts correctly.
Provides 8 hours of CPD
- The three elements of the tax charge that need to be recorded in the accounts for any given period to comply with IAS 12
- How to account for the tax charge for the current period in the financial statements to illustrate the impact of tax on earnings accurately
- How to make adjustments to the tax charge from previous accounting periods for when there is a difference between the estimated tax charge and the final amount paid
- Recognise and measure deferred tax assets and liabilities, helping you to manage the company’s tax liabilities over time
- The minimum disclosure requirements related to the tax charge in the financial statements so you fully understand how to meet the IAS 12 standard
In this course, we also offer a set of practice questions that you can use to consolidate and cement your knowledge. All of this will prepare you so that you’re able to account for an organisation’s tax liabilities correctly as and when required!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
IAS 12 Income Tax
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.