IAS 12 Income Tax
It has been said that there are only two things that are certain in this world: death and taxes. And, whilst the world of tax can be a minefield, the recording of tax need not be. This is why we have the international financial reporting standard, IAS 12… and this course, for that matter! IAS 12 Income Tax provides a consistent approach to recording tax in the accounts, which in this course, we take you step-by-step through how to follow this standard.
There are three key elements to the tax charge in the accounts for any period: the tax for the current accounting period, adjustments to the tax charge for previous periods and deferred tax. To ensure that your organisation complies with IAS 12, it’s essential that you know how to properly account for all three of these so that your organisation’s tax liabilities are correctly presented in the financial statements. Ultimately, this will mean key stakeholders, like investors, will be able to see a clear and accurate picture of your company’s profit after-tax, helping to maintain their trust in your financial reporting.
Provides 8 hours of CPD
- Apply the guidance of IAS 12 to correctly record the three elements of the tax charge
- Account for current taxation and make adjustments so that you can present a corporate income tax charge accurately illustrates the impact of tax on earnings
- Recognise and measure deferred tax assets and liabilities, helping you manage your company’s tax liabilities over time
- Comply with the minimum disclosure requirements for IAS 12, ensuring that you’re presenting a clear view to users of the financial statements
In this course, we also offer a set of practice questions that you can use to consolidate and cement your learning and test your knowledge.
By correctly answering the accompanying test questions, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
IAS 12 Income Tax
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.