IAS 38 Intangible Assets
Intangible assets, such as a company’s reputation, brand, copyrights and patents, can make up a significant part of a company’s value. Think of Apple, for example – its unique ability to seamlessly combine design, technology, software and branding has built up its customers’ brand loyalty and its overall brand equity to almost unfathomable levels.
And, the importance of intangible assets to a company’s value is only set to grow! Emerging technologies, changing business models and the growing importance of the services sector, amongst other things, mean that intangibles are becoming an increasingly important part of a company’s financial statements. Yet, intangible assets are difficult to quantify financially. How do you value something like a company’s brand, for example, in a fair and consistent way? This is exactly what this course tackles!
In this course, you will gain the relevant knowledge needed to comply with the international accounting standard for intangible assets, IAS 38. Doing so will ensure you can account for intangible assets fairly and accurately in the financial statements, painting a clearer picture of your company’s financial position to shareholders, and develop the specific accounting skills that are increasingly sought-after by businesses.
Provides 4 hours of CPD
- Recognise and measure intangible assets, including how to properly capitalise research and development costs, increasing the company’s reported profits
- Accurately record amortisation and impairment to ensure the value of intangible assets is fairly represented over time
- Properly deal with the retirement and disposals of intangible assets
Also included in this course are practice questions and answers that will help to solidify your understanding of accounting for intangible assets and the intricacies of IAS 38. All of this means you’ll be well-equipped to apply what you learn in this course to the real world!
By correctly answering the accompanying test questions, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
IAS 38 Intangible Assets
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.