A company has many moving and complex parts, making valuing it a difficult process. Yet, accurate business valuations are essential as any inaccuracies or poor assumptions could cost a company millions or, in some cases, billions!
As a finance professional, you may one day be involved in supporting strategic moves that require business valuation skills, whether that means advising on acquisitions, divesting a division or helping an organisation to raise finance. This course is designed to introduce you to a toolbox of different methods for valuing businesses, as well as give you the knowledge to select the most suitable approach in a variety of scenarios.
Provides 8 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- Why and when businesses seek valuation so that you can identify situations in which business valuations are required
- Business valuation techniques for quoted and unquoted entities and the pros and cons of each so that you can decide on the best approach for a particular company
- Asset-based valuation methods – these provide a simple way for calculating the minimum value of a company
- Earnings-based valuation approaches which can be used to value a company against its peers in the same industry
- How to use the dividend valuation model – a highly useful method for valuing an all-equity firm with predictable dividend streams
- The discounted cash flow method for valuing a company, taking into account its future earning power
- Methods for valuing intangible assets so that you can value these assets that are typically important to a company’s value but more difficult to quantify financially!
Applying what you learn:
This course also offers a range of practice questions to reinforce your understanding of business valuation. This will ensure that you’re in the best possible position to apply what you’ve learnt to your role!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.