Accurate business valuations are essential for making the right business decisions. A lack of skills in this area can cost a company millions, if not billions! Take Microsoft’s over-valued US$7.2bn acquisition of Nokia in 2013, for example. In the end, Microsoft had to write off almost all of the purchase value of the acquisition, simply due to a failure to value Nokia for what it was really worth.
The good news is that by learning the ins and outs of business valuation, pitfalls like the one suffered by Microsoft can be avoided. In this course, we’ll teach you when and why business valuation is important and provide you with a toolbox of different methods for valuing organisations for a range of different situations. All of this will mean that you’ll be able to support your organisation in making good strategic moves, whether that’s acquiring another company, divesting a division or trying to raise finance.
Provides 8 hours of CPD
- Evaluate strategic options; for example, whether to acquire another company, helping your business make the right decisions at the right time.
- Choose the right valuation method, given the needs of a situation, through understanding each method’s uses, advantages and disadvantages.
- Negotiate with a target company more effectively by understanding its valuation or bringing your own to the table.
- Understand the value of your company – the first step toward business growth! By identifying the source of your company’s value, you can then further develop it.
This course also offers practice questions to reinforce your understanding and ensure that you’re in the best possible position to apply what you’ve learnt to your role!
By correctly answering the accompanying test questions, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.