Mergers and Acquisitions
Organisations that stay the same generally don’t stay successful. Organisations use mergers or acquisitions to grow rapidly, increase their market share, re-structure or break into new markets. But, the decision to do so is expensive and such large-scale changes are fraught with risk!
As such, as a finance professional, it’s essential that you have a sound understanding of the purpose of mergers and acquisitions and the key factors that must be considered when undertaking one in order to ensure that any decisions you make or advise on will ultimately be effective. In this course, we’ll be covering some of the key knowledge you need to know to help you with this!
Provides 16 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- The advantages, including synergies, and disadvantages that can result from a merger or acquisition to help you understand the business case for pursuing them
- How private equity and venture capitalist firms approach acquisitions to broaden your awareness of the different ways businesses can be acquired
- The concerns of different stakeholder groups that an organisation needs to manage during a merger and acquisition to ensure these groups are kept satisfied
- The tax implications of mergers and acquisitions, to help you understand how tax can be minimised for the group as well as effectively liaise with tax experts
- The role and scope of competition authorities so that you understand when and how they might intervene in a proposed merger or acquisition
- Strategies for preventing hostile takeovers, including pre and post-bid defences
- The common types of consideration offered for a takeover and their advantages and disadvantages so the most appropriate form can be chosen for the situation
- The key considerations involved in post-acquisition integration, including Drucker’s Golden Rules, to help you anticipate potential roadblocks and ensure an acquisition is a success
- How to use earnings per share, the price to earnings ratio and share prices to value an organisation following a merger or acquisition
- How to use bootstrapping to evaluate how much the market value of a combined entity has increased as a result of the synergy created by a merger or acquisition
- How benchmarking can be used to identify business units that should be sold post-acquisition to drive efficiencies at an organisation
Applying what you learn:
As well as this, we have provided a comprehensive series of practice questions for you to complete to solidify your knowledge of mergers and acquisitions. By the end of this course, you will have the vital context you need to accurately analyse, monitor and advise on a merger and acquisition.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Mergers and Acquisitions
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.