Formulating Financial Strategy
Financial strategy is essential for turning an organisation’s goals into a reality. For an organisation to achieve its objectives, it needs money. However, funds are finite. The financial strategy sets out how the business should finance its operations, allocate its limited funds and reward its shareholders, all in a way that will ultimately allow the business to meet its short and long-term goals.
For this strategy to be successful, it’s vital that the financial professionals developing it have strong knowledge in several key areas: the organisation’s goals, the implications of dividend, financing and investment decisions for the organisation and its stakeholders, as well as the business environment in which the organisation is operating. So, whether you’re setting this strategy, aspire to be in this position in the future, or are in a supporting role, you need to have a strong foundation in all of these areas.
This course has been developed to teach you these skills and more!
Provides 12 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- How an organisation’s mission, corporate strategy, business strategy, finance strategy and objectives are linked and together provide a clear plan for how an organisation can achieve its strategic goals
- The three key decisions in strategic financial management: investment, financing, and dividend decisions, and the interrelationship between these, to ensure the funding needs of the entity are met
- How investment, finance and dividend decisions can affect and be affected by key stakeholders to ensure that these impacts considered during decision-making
- How the type of entity (incorporated or unincorporated, for-profit or not-for-profit, quoted or unquoted, private or public) influences its objectives to ensure an appropriate strategy is formulated for a particular organisation
- The important financial and non-financial objectives to consider and how these need to be balanced to ensure a range of different stakeholder needs are met
- The economic and business variables that should be regularly assessed and managed to ensure that a company meets its financial objectives
- What to consider in the financial strategy when the organisation is expanding internationally so that the associated risks are addressed
- The external influences that must be taken into account when formulating financial strategy to ensure the strategy will be successful when implemented
- How to assess a company’s creditworthiness to help mitigate the risk of the company not paying or defaulting on a debt
- How regulatory bodies and legislation can restrict an organisation’s activities to ensure this is factored into the corporate and financial strategies
- The domestic and international tax implications of investment, financing and dividend decisions to ensure that these are considered during decision-making
Applying what you learn:
The course also offers a range of practice questions that you can use to reinforce your learning and cement your knowledge. On completion of this course, you will be in a better position to formulate or contribute to a financial strategy that will help the organisation to achieve its vision!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Formulating Financial Strategy
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.