Analysing Financial Information
As a finance professional, it’s important to understand how an organisation’s financial statements can be interpreted. If a business is to be an attractive company to investors or lenders, then you need to know how it appears from the outside in!
Financial analysis, such as ratio analysis and segmental analysis, can provide valuable insights about the different facets of an organisation’s financial performance, from working capital to long-term solvency – all from information found within the financial statements. These insights can enable you and the organisation to make smarter business decisions that look good on paper to investors and stimulate organisational growth. In this course, we’ll introduce you to these financial analysis tools and more.
Provides 8 hours of CPD
- Why financial ratios are used and to whom they are most useful so that you develop a good understanding of their importance to different stakeholders
- The different types of financial ratios, including profitability, activity, liquidity and cash flow, and how to interpret their meaning within a real-world context
- How to use Gartner’s Data Analytics Maturity Model to provide a fuller and more well-rounded analysis of a company’s financial position
- The limitations of financial ratio analysis so that you can ensure any insights you provide are used appropriately to make sound business decisions
- How creative accounting is used to artificially (and illegally) increase profits, inflate asset values and understate liabilities so that you’re better equipped to spot fraudulent accounting when it occurs
- How to apply IFRS 8 Operating Segments when required so that you can remain compliant with this key international financial reporting standard
- The benefits and limitations of segmental analysis to make sure you know how to use this tool appropriately when analysing financial information
Applying what you learn:
In this course, we also offer you a range of practice questions that you can use to reinforce your learning and cement your knowledge. All of this will improve your confidence when analysing financial information in the future.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Analysing Financial Information
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.