IAS 37 Provisions
How do you account for an inflow or outflow that might occur as a result of past events but also might not? Or for a present obligation that will need to be repaid but you’re just not sure when or its exact amount yet? You need to account for it in this accounting period, but how?
Well, to answer those questions, we have IAS 37, the financial reporting standard for provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets. And, it’s also why we designed this course! The IAS 37 standard sets out clear rules for recognition and disclosure for when something is a provision, contingent asset or contingent liability, and in this course, we walk you through how to apply the standard correctly. We also take you through how to clearly distinguish a provision from a contingent liability – the difference is actually quite important!
By following the guidance outlined in this standard and learning to identify the difference between the three items it deals with, you can rest assured that your organisation is compliant with this key international standard.
Provides 4 hours of CPD
- The key principles and definitions under IAS 37 so that you’re confident applying each element of the standard
- How to correctly recognise a provision in your company’s financial statements
- How to apply IAS 37 in different scenarios, including onerous contracts, decommissioning and proposed dividends, preparing you to use it in the real world
- What contingent assets and liabilities are, how to account for them and the minimum disclosure requirements to ensure your organisation remains compliant
In this course, we also offer you a range of practice questions that you can use to reinforce your learning and cement your knowledge.
By correctly answering the accompanying test questions, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
IAS 37 Provisions
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.