IAS 37 Provisions
Accountants are often faced with assets or liabilities that have an element of uncertainty. For example, a debt that may or may not need to be paid, depending on how a future event pans out. Or, perhaps, a debt that does need to be repaid but when is unknown. Determining how to account for these types of assets and liabilities can pose a challenge!
In instances like these, IAS 37 Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets provides guidance on how to recognise or disclose assets and liabilities that are uncertain in nature. In this course, we’ll walk you through how to apply this key international standard correctly so that you can confidently deal with these types of assets and liabilities as and when they arise.
Provides 4 hours of CPD
- The key principles and definitions under IAS 37 to ensure you have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the standard
- How to correctly identify and recognise a provision in an organisation’s financial statements
- The factors you need to take into account when measuring a provision to ensure you can provide the best estimate of its value
- How to apply IAS 37 in specific scenarios, including onerous contracts, decommissioning and proposed dividends, to better prepare you to use it in the real world
- The characteristics of contingent assets and liabilities to help you properly account for potential assets and obligations arising from uncertain events
- How to disclose the nature of contingent assets and liabilities in financial statements in accordance with IAS 37
In this course, we also provide a set of practice questions that you can use to reinforce your learning and cement your knowledge. All of this will ensure that you can spot a provision or contingent asset or liability when it arises and that you know exactly what to do to deal with it appropriately!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
IAS 37 Provisions
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.