IAS 24 Related Parties
When it comes to accounting, the complexities and nature of your organisation’s business relationships is no trivial matter! Failing to disclose certain business relationships to your shareholders can be costly. Look no further than Asia Resource Minerals PLC, a major international mining group, recently fined £4.7m for failing to disclose a related party transaction.
Investors need to know when an organisation does business with a related party, such as close family members of key management, to make sure there is no conflict of interest. By getting to grips with IAS 24 Related Party Disclosures, the major international accounting standard on this matter, you can ensure you’re able to correctly disclose any related party transactions in the financial statements, avoiding fines and retaining the trust and confidence of your shareholders.
Provides 4 hours of CPD
- Clearly differentiate between related and non-related parties so that you can confidently decide when a transaction needs to be disclosed
- Understand the disclosure requirements for IAS 24 so that you can ensure your organisation remains compliant
- Work through some useful examples of related party transactions to help cement your knowledge and give you the confidence to apply it in your own role
- Possess knowledge that is becoming increasingly important in the modern business world as business entities become more connected and complex
The course also offers a range of practice questions that you can use to consolidate your learning and test your knowledge.
By correctly answering the accompanying test questions, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
IAS 24 Related Parties
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.