Cybersecurity for Finance Professionals
It’s no secret that most modern businesses are hugely reliant on their IT systems. The ability to protect them from damage and disruption is critical to their success. However, as the importance and value of IT systems have grown, so have the risks facing those systems.
As a financial professional, you can become a key adviser and contributor towards an organisation’s or client’s cybersecurity initiatives – whether this is to help manage the risks to financial systems or the organisation’s IT systems as a whole. However, to do so, it’s vital that you understand the fundamentals of cybersecurity and its objectives.
This course has been designed to equip you with an understanding of the specific types of risks facing an organisation’s IT systems and the measures that can be put in place to mitigate them. Armed with this knowledge, you’ll be able to liaise with and support IT and cybersecurity professionals more effectively, as well as contribute to strategic decisions regarding cybersecurity risk management.
Provides 21 hours of CPD
- The types of sensitive information an organisation may hold so that you understand what is the priority to protect using cybersecurity measures
- Different cyber threats that an organisation must be vigilant for and prepare to defend against
- How to set good cybersecurity objectives so that you can contribute more effectively to this process
- The fundamental controls for managing cyber risks an organisation can employ to comply with the ISO 27001 information security standard
- The features of disaster recovery and backup systems to help you better liaise with computer security incident response teams
- An introduction to blockchain and how it may be used in finance as a more secure way to undertake transactions
- Characteristics of forensic analysis, malware analysis and penetration testing and how these can be used to identify and assess the threats to IT systems
- Digital resilience and the actions that an organisation can take to become more robust against cyber threats
- How the AICPA, NIST and AIC Triad frameworks can be used to structure cybersecurity risk reporting and communicate with stakeholders more effectively
Applying what you learn:
This course also offers a range of practice questions that you can use to consolidate your learning and test your understanding of the material covered. With all of this, you’ll be more equipped to contribute to a robust cybersecurity strategy!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Cybersecurity for Finance Professionals
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.