The Principles of Successful Governance
Good governance is the foundation of every successful business. No matter what level you are in the organisation, you have a part to play in ensuring the governance in your organisation is being conducted properly; you have a responsibility to the shareholders and other stakeholders to make the best decisions for the future of the company and wider society. As an accountant, this role becomes increasingly important as you move to more senior positions.
Accountants are directly involved in the reporting aspect of governance by ensuring that financial reports accurately represent the company’s position. But an accountant’s involvement does not stop there; governance encompasses how an organisation is directed, administered and controlled – aspects of business that accountants are heavily involved in.
This course uses real-world case studies of organisations and their corporate governance to highlight the ways in which you can contribute to employing good corporate governance in your organisation and how to avoid the common risks.
Provides 4 hours of CPD
- The six OECD principles of corporate governance to help you understand the core guidelines that underpin institutional, legal and regulatory frameworks worldwide
- The characteristics and roles of an effective board to help you identify where an organisation’s board is performing well and areas for improvement
- Ernst and Young’s four stages for balancing an organisation’s risk appetite with its shareholders’ interests
- The roles of the audit and risk committees in managing risk in the organisation
- The primary considerations in setting directors’ pay to attract and retain high-quality staff whilst still drive profits in the organisation
- Six major risks of poor governance and how they can be overcome to help you anticipate serious issues and suggest solutions
- An introduction to risk reporting and how this is typically carried out to provide transparency to the organisation’s various stakeholders on its risk management
Applying what you learn:
The course will include a set of knowledge-based practice questions to cement your understanding of the key principles. In addition, we’ve included some practical workbook questions to help you consider how to apply this theory in practice to your workplace!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
The Principles of Successful Governance
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.