The Principles of Successful Governance
Good governance is the foundation of every successful business. No matter what level you are in the organisation, you have a part to play in ensuring the governance in your organisation is being conducted properly; you have a responsibility to the shareholders and other stakeholders to make the best decisions for the future of the company and wider society. As an accountant, this role becomes increasingly important as you move to more senior positions.
Accountants are directly involved in the reporting aspect of governance by ensuring that financial reports accurately represent the company. But an accountant’s involvement does not stop there; governance encompasses how an organisation is directed, administered and controlled – aspects of business that accountants will be heavily involved in.
This course uses real-world case studies of organisations and their corporate governance to highlight the ways in which you can contribute to employing good corporate governance in your organisation and how to avoid common risks.
Provides 4 hours of CPD
- The key principles of corporate governance and how they must be applied to organisations, including the six OECD principles
- The key roles and responsibilities of the Board in ensuring organisational success, including the roles of the supporting committees
- How to best protect shareholder interests
- Remuneration of the Board and the associated risks
- Six key risks of poor governance in organisations and how to overcome them
- The basics of risk reporting
The course will include a set of knowledge-based practice questions to cement your understanding of the key principles. In addition, we’ve included some practical workbook questions to help you consider how to apply this theory in practice to your workplace!
By returning your completed workbook, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
The Principles of Successful Governance
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.