Bulletproofing your Business Strategy
When organisations chase new opportunities to grow and expand, some degree of risk is inevitable. As Yvan Byeajee, famous trader and investor, put it: “Risk and opportunity are two sides of the same coin”.
While it’s not possible to anticipate and overcome every possible risk, there are measures that can be taken to lower the degree of risk involved with a new strategy. By considering risks and how to mitigate them during the strategy formulation process, the chances that the strategy will prove successful in the long term can be increased.
If you’re a finance professional involved in formulating strategy or providing financial insights and advice to those who do, then this course is for you! We’ll cover how to identify and manage the risks likely to impact an organisation’s business strategy.
Provides 12 hours of CPD
- The key risks to manage when defining the direction of the business to ensure clear, consistent and realistic mission and objectives are set
- The risks to mitigate when conducting internal and external analysis to ensure that the resulting information used in strategy formulation is high quality and reliable
- An overview of scenario analysis and its associated risks to ensure you are able to take into account its limitations when using this model
- Porter’s generic strategies that organisations can follow to develop and retain their competitive advantage and overcome the risk of lacking a strategic focus
- Ansoff’s matrix, providing you with a framework to assess the relative level of risk associated with the four major ways an organisation can pursue growth
- The risks associated with disrupting an industry and being disrupted – an important, yet tricky, balance to get right to avoid a failing strategy!
- The major advantages and risks of different methods for achieving business growth so that an informed decision can be made as to which one to pursue
- Simon’s seven questions to provide you with an effective approach for stress testing an organisation’s strategy to identify problem areas
Applying what you learn:
As well as covering the integral aspects of managing the risks during strategy formulation, we also provide a workbook for you to apply what you learn, providing you with an understanding of what you can do to help the organisation develop its own bulletproof strategy!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Bulletproofing your Business Strategy
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.