Dealing with Risk
In the words of US business leader Gary Cohn: “If you don’t invest in risk management, it doesn’t matter what business you’re in, it’s a risky business”. Risk is all around in business, and it’s essential that it’s dealt with effectively to protect the organisation’s long-term success.
Financial professionals often play an integral role in assessing and advising on both financial and non-financial risks. As such, this course has been designed to introduce you to risk management principles and processes that will prepare you to actively assess and manage the myriad of risks that organisations face.
Provides 16 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- The different forms of risks so that you’re aware of what risks need to be assessed, monitored and managed in a business
- The PESTEL model and Porter’s Five Forces to help you identify external risks an organisation faces
- The different attitudes to risk so that you can assess a particular organisation’s risk appetite, tolerance and capacity
- The ISO principles of good risk management that are essential for developing an air-tight risk management process
- The five key steps of a risk management process to give you an insight into how risk management can be implemented in practice
- Issues in risk management that you’re likely to encounter and so can prepare for
- The Enterprise Risk Management or ISO 31000 framework for integrating risk management into the whole organisation to manage its risks comprehensively from top to bottom!
- How assurance maps can be used to help organisations to evaluate their risk strategies more effectively
- How to calculate the Value at Risk (VaR) to quantify the financial risk associated with an investment
Applying what you learn:
Alongside the content of this course, we provide an accompanying workbook for you to apply what you’ve learnt to your own role and get started on your journey to effective risk management!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Dealing with Risk
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.