Effective Performance Management
Effective performance evaluation is essential for making the right business decisions. Failing to pinpoint where a company is underperforming can lead to money and resources being unnecessarily wasted. On the other hand, mastering performance evaluation can lead to an efficient and effective organisation!
Finance professionals typically play a key role in performance evaluation through collecting and analysing data to provide insights and recommendations about a company and its employees’ performance across the board. By learning the ins and outs of performance evaluation, you can ensure you are able to contribute effectively to this vital area, helping to improve the organisation’s operations.
In this course, we’ll explore when and why performance evaluation is important, as well as provide you with a toolkit of methods to use in a variety of areas and situations. All of this will mean that you’ll be able to support your organisation in making the right decisions for the business’s long-term success!
Provides 12 hours of CPD
- How to appraise an organisation’s financial performance using ratio analysis, including profitability, liquidity, solvency, working capital and shareholder ratios
- The importance of non-financial performance indicators in improving an organisation’s longer-term performance
- The Balanced Scorecard model as a method for ensuring a company’s performance is appraised across different areas – not just financial!
- How to use flexible budgeting to enable more insightful variance analysis so that improvements can then be made to drive operational efficiency
- The typical reasons why companies go over-budget and the psychological factors that impact on budget setting so that you can avoid common pitfalls
- How responsibility accounting can be used to ensure managers are held accountable for the budgetary areas within their control
- The concept of responsibility centres and how to set effective targets for each of the key responsibility centres in your organisation
How modern techniques such as economic value added (EVA) are changing performance measurement and what this means for the accountant of the future
Applying what you learn:
A workbook is also provided to reinforce your understanding and apply what you have learnt, ensuring that you’re in the best possible position to use this information in the workplace!
Please note that this course shares some topics and material with the course “Creating Effective Budgets”. Both courses cover flexible budgeting, the behavioural aspects of budgetary control and responsibility accounting.
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Astranti CPD Course:
Effective Performance Management
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
I can’t recommend them highly enough.”
“Astranti study materials are well detailed and easy to understand.
Thank you so much Astranti for making such detailed and informed materials available.”
Astranti offers good quality materials which are really helpful. Atmosphere and communication also are very good and definitely not an old school approach. Big thanks.
Astranti has been very useful for me as I’m dyslexic. So having the ability to watch/listen the tutorials has been very beneficial as it allows me to have a visual and oral representation of the material”