Developing Winning Strategies
In the world of business, an organisation’s strategy plays a critical role in determining its future. A poorly chosen or implemented strategy can wreak havoc on profits, performance and public confidence; however, a strong strategy can do the opposite!
As a finance professional, you may be directly involved in implementing, monitoring or informing strategic decisions at an organisation. As such, this course is designed for finance professionals who need an in-depth understanding of strategy in order to support an organisation’s strategic planning effectively.
Provides 36 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- The key approaches to formulating strategy and the types of businesses they are most appropriate for so that the organisation can adopt the right one to excel
- How the rational planning model can be used to develop a clear, well-thought-out strategy based on the company’s current position, competencies and environment
- The four strategic lenses that can be used to improve a strategy by examining it through perspectives
- The criteria for an effective mission and objectives to ensure these provide focus to the strategy so that it stays true to the company’s purpose and values
- How an organisation can use stakeholder mapping, governance and ethics to design goals that account for the interests of its stakeholders
- PESTEL, Porter’s Five Forces and SWOT for identifying threats and capitalising on opportunities in the external business environment
- Competitor analysis, scenario planning and forecasting for protecting a strategy against potential pitfalls and staying one step ahead of competitors
- Forms of internal analysis to identify areas for improvement, including resource and competency audits and Porter’s Value Chain
- How models like the product life cycle, gap analysis and the BCG matrix help an organisation adjust its strategy and maximise the success of its different products
- Several approaches to strategic development, including Porter’s Generic Strategies and Ansoff’s Matrix, that help an organisation assess the most appropriate methods of supporting future growth
- Strategic evaluation tools, such as the SAF model, which are critical for assessing the viability of strategies before they are implemented
- Methods of strategy review that ensure an organisation carries out balanced performance measurement to ensure the long-term success of its strategy
Applying what you learn:
As well as covering all the integral aspects of strategy planning, we also provide a practical workbook for you to complete. By applying what you learn, you’ll improve your understanding of how an organisation can develop its own winning strategy!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Developing Winning Strategies
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.