How to Create Value in the Digital World
The business world has changed immeasurably over the past few decades. Despite the surging interest in digital technologies and internet-based commerce, one thing that has not changed is the importance of an organisation understanding its environment and finding ways to create value in that environment (whether that’s in a traditional market or a modern business ecosystem). As such, it’s more important than ever before to understand market disruption, the role of digital technology in business, and how companies can be organised into mutually beneficial business ecosystems.
In this course, we examine exactly what it means to be part of a business ecosystem. We also look at how organisations can create digital business models, what it means to be a disruptor and what factors make up the crucial difference between an organisation thriving or floundering in the digital age. Lastly, we’ll cover the importance of using appropriate operating models and ensuring all employees are digitally adept.
Provides 12 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- The key characteristics of a business ecosystem and how these can provide participants with a competitive advantage over businesses operating in a traditional market
- How to establish the role, value and reach of a participant in a business ecosystem in order to understand their potential impact on an organisation
- Porter’s five forces, a model that can be used to analyse an industry’s profitability and the impact of competitors, suppliers and customers on the market
- The four main types of business ecosystems so an organisation can choose the most suitable strategy to follow in each
- IBM’s three characteristics of organisations in ecosystems and why these are allowing organisations in ecosystems to flourish in the digital age
- The drivers of the digital world, as well as consumer change and how companies can improve their customer experience to meet these changes head-on
- CIMA’s framework for developing an effective business model that will allow a business to create and deliver value to its primary stakeholders – useful even if you’re not a CIMA member!
- The five trends in digital disruption that can help organisations form strategies and use disruptive technology to gain a competitive edge
- The essential characteristics that senior leaders need to stay on top of digital disruption and drive success in a digital age
- The innovator’s dilemma, as well as five options that can help a business adapt its business model for digital disruption
- Five digital operating models that businesses can use to ensure their disruptive business models are executed successfully
- An overview of digital talent and culture that outlines the best ways to cultivate a digitally adept workforce
Applying what you learn:
As well as learning the key concepts, this course will provide practical exercises to ensure that you can use the information you learn and apply it to your own role. By the end of this unit, your organisation of digital organisations will mean you are better equipped to help an organisation create value in the digital world.
Please note that there is a partial overlap in the content of this course with one of our other courses, “Leading in a Digital World”. Both courses cover: the trends of digital disruption in business, the roles of the board and senior leadership in digital strategy, building disruptive business models, digital operating models, drivers of consumer change in the digital world and assembling a workforce for the digital age.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
How to Create Value in the Digital World
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.