Technology is advancing at breakneck speed, and these advances have impacted almost every industry. In fact, developments in fields such as artificial intelligence have been so significant that these have collectively been termed the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
To be successful in the digital age, it’s crucial that organisations don’t get left behind. Instead, they must capitalise on technological innovations and develop their competitive advantage, as well as address the challenges of adopting new technologies. To help an organisation to do this, you’ll need to be able to understand ongoing technological advancements and anticipate the effects they could have on the organisation.
These developments in technology aren’t just impacting organisations and industries as a whole – technology is also shaping whole professions, and accountancy is no exception! As part of its 2019 syllabus update, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) identified the key new technologies that all accountants (CIMA members or otherwise) need to know.
In this course, we’ll take you through the key technologies highlighted by CIMA to help you keep abreast of important developments set to affect your profession and organisations for years to come.
Specifically, you will learn:
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution and the key new technologies and trends that are transforming a vast array of industries
- How big data analysis can be used to provide new insights and improve decision-making
- 3D printing and its key benefits when used in production, including greater customisation of products and reduction of waste, as well as its limitations
- How artificial intelligence (AI) can be used in finance, such as to detect errors or fraud and make smarter predictions
- How finance professionals can use data visualisation tools to more effectively communicate insights to key players in the organisation
- Blockchain and how it provides a new way for handling transactions that is more secure and lower cost
- How business process automation can be used to automate processes, making them more efficient
- Cloud computing and mobile technologies and how these technologies are changing the way information is accessed, employees communicate and the flexibility of working
- How Internet of Things (IoT) devices can provide a wealth of data for the finance function and organisation as a whole
In addition to all of this, we provide practical workbook exercises so that you can apply all that you learn to your own organisation and role as a finance professional. With all of this, you can make sure you’re in the position to embrace the key digital technologies of today!
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Using Data in Finance