The Fundamentals of Leadership
Great leadership is rather like an onion – it’s formed of layers! On the outside, a leader needs to be flexible to adapt to changing circumstances and individual team members’ needs, But, peeling back the layers, you’ll find there are a few fundamental leadership practices and roles that are vital to any leader’s success – including your own! These are the core foundations on which your leadership stands or fails.
In this course, we will review the fundamental practices and roles of a great leader, together with the practical ways in which you can develop them.
Provides 16 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- The roles and responsibilities of a leader that you need to adopt to ensure you gain your team’s trust and support
- The key skills you need to be an effective leader, including emotional intelligence and the ability to drive idea generation, with practical tips for developing them
- How you can use coaching, mentoring and leading by example to help your team members to flourish and take on leadership responsibilities of their own
- Maak and Pless’ Responsible Leadership model to help you balance the interests of different stakeholders, including those that may be conflicting!
- Brown, Treviño and Harrison’s Ethical Leadership model to help you lead your team responsibly, ensuring they too act with integrity and can take pride in their work
- Mary Gentile’s Values-Driven Leadership model to assist you in upholding both your own and your organisation’s values when you lead
- The key internal and external factors that will influence how you can lead in a particular organisation and tips on how you can address these to ensure you’re leading as effectively as possible given the circumstances
This is a highly practical course. We have provided you with exercises throughout the material that will enable you to produce a tailor-made action plan for you to take back to your role, ensuring that you’ll be well on your way to demonstrating the fundamental leadership practices you need for success!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
The Fundamentals of Leadership
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.