An Introduction to Index Numbers
The economy is in a constant state of flux. The price of key goods, the exchange rate and wages shift over time, and, as a finance professional, it’s crucial that you keep a keen eye on these developments in order to fully understand the current and future costs to your organisation.
Index numbers are one of the best ways to do this! They provide a clear, objective and insightful way to track and analyse a wide variety of economic changes. This makes them a fantastic tool for financial professionals, with applications ranging from forecasting to improved variance analysis.
This course is designed to take you through the fundamentals of index numbers. By improving your knowledge in this area, you’ll be able to contribute more effectively to decision-making at your organisation.
Provides 4 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- The single product index and how you can calculate it to help you better analyse changes in the market for individual products over time
- Weighted price and quantity indices and how they are calculated to help you to identify key trends across multiple products
- The advantages and disadvantages of two major approaches to weighting when calculating weighted indices to allow you to make an informed choice
- How you can use index splicing to ensure that the comparisons you make between index number figures are as accessible, relevant and insightful as possible
- How to adjust index numbers for inflation to help you evaluate important changes, such as wage increases, in real terms
Additionally, we provide a set of practice questions to help you solidify what you’ve learnt so that you’ll have a solid foundation of knowledge in this area by the end of this course.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
An Introduction to Index Numbers
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.