An Introduction to Index Numbers
The economy is in a constant state of flux. The price of key goods, the exchange rate and wages shift over time, and, as a finance professional, it’s crucial that you keep a keen eye on these developments in order to fully understand the current and future costs to your organisation.
Index numbers are arguably the best way to do this! They provide a clear, objective and insightful way to track and analyse a wide variety of economic changes. This makes them a fantastic tool for financial professionals, with applications ranging from forecasting to improved variance analysis.
So, by improving your knowledge of index numbers, you’ll be able to contribute more effectively to decision-making at your organisation. This course is designed to take you through the fundamentals of index numbers.
Provides 4 hours of CPD
- The single product index and how you can calculate it to help you better analyse changes in the market for individual products over time
- Weighted indices and how they are calculated to allow you to identify trends across multiple products
- The advantages and disadvantages of two key approaches to weighting when calculating weighted indices to allow you to make an informed choice
- How you can use index splicing to make insightful comparisons between index number figures
- How to calculate and interpret quantity indices to expand your toolbox of indices to use for analysis
- How to adjust index numbers for inflation to help you to investigate changes in real terms
Additionally, we’ll provide a bank of practice questions to help you study actively by testing yourself on these concepts. So, by the end of this course, you’ll have a solid foundation of knowledge about the financial markets.
By correctly answering the accompanying test questions, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
An Introduction to Index Numbers
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.