An Introduction to Financial Markets
The “Father of Economics” Adam Smith once wrote that “Every man lives by exchanging”. This quote succinctly asserts the importance of trade throughout history. In the distant past, people exchanged through simple barter. Since then, however, markets have become much more sophisticated, and a smorgasbord of financial instruments are traded every day.
The complexity and scope of modern financial markets makes understanding them a daunting task. However, as a finance professional, it’s vital that you do! By better understanding the institutions that operate in the financial market, and some of the assets they trade, you’ll be much better equipped to advise on decisions ranging from how to secure funding to how to mitigate interest rate risk.
This course was developed to help you to take your first steps into understanding the fundamentals of the financial markets.
Provides 12 hours of CPD
- The structure of the financial system to give you a clearer understanding of the workings of the financial world
- The major types of financial instruments and the key factors to consider when deciding to use them
- The different types of financial intermediaries to help you gain a better understanding of the services available to your organisation
- The role of the central bank to bolster your understanding of how and why it exerts huge influence over your country’s economy
- How you can calculate the return on financial instruments, to help you better assess the relationship between risk and reward
- How interest rate risk can be reduced through hedging, to improve your understanding of the use of financial instruments for risk management
Additionally, we’ll provide a bank of practice questions to help you study actively by testing yourself on these concepts. So, by the end of this course, you’ll have a solid foundation of knowledge about the financial markets.
By correctly answering the accompanying test questions, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
An Introduction to Financial Markets
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.