An Introduction to Macroeconomics
Imagine this situation. The company you’re working for has decided to expand its product range to rake in more profits. Confidently, it launches a new product to the masses, but nobody is buying it!
Baffled, you sit down with a cup of tea and your local newspaper – only to see a wealth of reasons why your product could be failing. Perhaps national unemployment and fears of a recession means the public is spending less, or maybe attractive interest rates mean that people are saving rather than spending on flashy new products.
In this kind of situation, a good understanding of economic conditions could have saved a lot of wasted time and money. For finance professionals, knowledge of economic context can vastly improve the quality of forecasting, budgeting and insights to support decision-making. Whether you currently do these things or plan to do so in future, an understanding of the key principles of macroeconomics is vital!
This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the fundamentals of macroeconomics, what it is and how it affects your organisation.
Provides 21 hours of CPD
- The rationale behind decisions made by your government and financial intermediaries that impact the economy
- How fiscal, monetary and supply-side policies can impact the market, boosting your understanding of your organisation’s external environment
- About the different types of market failures that require government intervention and the impacts this intervention can have
- The stages of the trade cycle so your organisation can better predict and respond to a changing economy
- About the principles of aggregate demand and supply so you understand its impact on economic (and your organisation’s) growth
On top of all of this, we’ve provided plenty of practice questions that will help to cement your knowledge of macroeconomics. By completing these throughout the course, your introduction to macroeconomics will be a good one!
By correctly answering the accompanying test questions, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
An Introduction to Macroeconomics
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.