An Introduction to Macroeconomics
No business is an island; operating in isolation. All organisations exist within a wider business environment – whether this is on a regional or global scale. Economic factors and government policy, which are typically out of an organisation’s control, can significantly impact its success.
For finance professionals, knowledge of economic context can vastly improve the quality of forecasting, budgeting and insights to support decision-making. This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the key principles of macroeconomics that you need to perform these tasks more effectively.
Provides 21 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- The circular flow of money and the different ways that funds can enter or leave an economy to boost your awareness of the key drivers of any economy
- The factors that impact spending and investment in an economy and have a flow-on effect on the level of demand for businesses’ goods and services
- How monetary policy is used to manage economic growth through changing interest rates, affecting the cost of borrowing for businesses
- How governments can influence the level of imports and exports, affecting the competitiveness of a company’s products in the home and overseas markets
- The fundamentals of fiscal policy and how this affects the level of tax on a company’s products and profits, as well as influencing consumer spending
- Supply-side policies used to boost economic efficiency and the positive and negative impacts this can have on a business
- How the government can influences the competition and prices in a market using competition policy, subsidies and maximum pricing
- The multiplier effect and how to calculate it to help you understand the considerations for the government when deciding the appropriate level of stimulus for the economy
- The stages of the trade cycle so you can better predict and respond to a changing economy
- Inflation, the different forms it can take, and why it is a problem for businesses
- The principles of aggregate demand and supply – concepts at the heart of macroeconomics that provide a big-picture view of the factors affecting economic (and an organisation’s) growth
On top of all of this, we provide practice questions that will help to cement your knowledge of macroeconomics. All of this will ensure that you’re able to use your new understanding to provide better financial insights and advice!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of questions designed to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt on the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to scenarios and commit the theory to memory
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
An Introduction to Macroeconomics
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.