Ethics in Accounting
In business and accounting, reputation is everything. In particular, accountants are under great scrutiny from the public and regulatory bodies alike. As an accountant, you’re expected to provide accurate and unbiased financial statements, safeguard confidential information, handle large amounts of money responsibly and provide ethically sound financial advice. As you progress through your career, taking on more and more of these responsibilities, holding yourself to a high level of personal conduct is essential.
But, life isn’t black and white, and it isn’t always obvious how to ‘do the right thing’ in practice. Luckily, there are a number of frameworks and principles to help you, as a finance professional, to do this. This course is designed to guide you through all the essentials of professional ethics. This will ensure that you are fully equipped with the knowledge, resources and confidence to approach moral grey areas, enabling you to determine the most appropriate ethical response to any situation.
Provides 8 hours of CPD
- IFAC’s five fundamental ethical principles, used by many accounting bodies including CIMA, ACCA, AAT and ICAEW as the basis for their ethical code, so that you know how to abide by your accounting body’s ethical standards
- IFAC’s five common ethical threats faced by accountants and the methods you and your organisation can take to safeguard against these
- CIMA’s eight steps for handling an ethical conflict so that you can take the best course of action when faced with an ethical issue, whichever accounting body you’re a member of
- The six key ethical stances so that you understand other people’s perspectives on ethics, even if they differ from your own
- The seven principles of public life and other key qualities accountants are expected to display, so that you are aware of the conduct required of you by your employer, accounting body and the public
- IASB’s six characteristics of useful information that define what is considered high-quality information in financial statements
- CIMA’s professional development cycle that you can use to ensure that you continue to develop and progress in your career
- The key business advantages to an organisation of acting ethically and how ethical control can be established over staff to achieve these benefits
In addition to all this, we’ve provided a practical workbook that is designed to help you apply all that you’ve learned to your own role and organisation. After completing this alongside the course, you’ll have cemented your understanding of ethics in accounting!
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Ethics in Accounting
Astranti CPD Subscription
Get unlimited access to our full catalogue of over 50 CPD courses
£60 per month
(minimum 12-month contract)
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.