Finance for Strategic Leaders
If strategic leaders want to make effective decisions, they’ll need to understand the finance that underpins them. Without considering cash flow, budgets or liquidity, a strategic decision could have catastrophic effects on performance!
The organisation will also have a wealth of historic financial data available to use for strategic decision-making — but wait! Unless you’re a finance expert, how are you supposed to know what it all means?
This course introduces the essential finance knowledge that a strategic leader needs to make great decisions.
9 credits and 90 total learning hours
What you’ll learn:
- The roles and key responsibilities that the finance function has which will enable you to work more effectively with it
- The regulations, terminology and legislation which control the activities of the finance team again providing you with useful insights to support effective collaboration
- How the scope of financial regulatory requirements will vary depending on an organisation’s context – more useful insights to apply to decision making
- The past, current and potential future impacts of technological change on the finance function, ensuring your ongoing understanding of the scope and nature of their role
- The financial and cost analysis available and how this should be used to inform strategic decision making
How we’ll help:
To support your journey through the world of finance, we have provided insights into many of the key syllabus topics in the CMI course, as well as further reading resources to guide you every step of the way.