Leading and Developing People
Whether through setting an inspirational example or through prioritising people’s wellbeing, one of the most critical qualities of an effective leader is the ability to bring the best out of their team. After all, optimising the performance of individuals will lay the foundation for the organisation as a whole to flourish.
However, to do this will require balancing the right blend of accommodating people’s individual needs whilst placing emphasis on the organisation’s goals — far from an easy task! Thankfully, our team of expert tutors are here to help you understand the best ways to lead in order to optimise performance.
10 credits and 100 total learning hours
What you’ll learn:
- Different leadership theories that you can adopt or draw from to help you lead in a way that inspires and motivates those around you
- How organisational culture affects employee performance, allowing you to assess whether your organisation’s culture is helping or hindering your organisation’s success
- The ways that your organisation’s design impacts performance, so you can change or recommend changes that help ensure people reach their full potential
- How HR strategies or policies can be used to provide all the training, development and support that people need to excel
- How you can boost employee performance through taking action to improve people’s wellbeing
- To create a proposal for a leadership and development strategy which effectively balances employee welfare and organisational success
How we’ll help:
To help you, we have provided comprehensive coverage of many of the main points covered by the CMI syllabus, along with links to additional resources supporting completion of the tasks.
In no time at all, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a leader who fulfils others’ potential and contributes to a successful organisation.