Good leadership is the backbone of any successful business. However, strategic leadership, with its focus on achieving an organisation’s long-term goals, is a particularly challenging skill to master. After all, the organisation’s values, goals, and objectives rest on the shoulders of its strategic leaders.
So the question remains, what exactly is it that makes an effective strategic leader? Well, unfortunately there’s no simple answer, but this course aims to help you on your journey to becoming the best leader you can be. Specifically, you’ll learn:
11 credits and 110 total learning hours
What you’ll learn:
- The roles and responsibilities of a strategic leader to help you understand what you will be required to do in order to achieve your organisation’s long term goals
- How the role of a strategic leader is impacted by the organisation’s context to help you adapt your leadership approach to your specific organisation
- The behaviours and skills of an effective strategic leader, allowing you to carry out your roles and responsibilities successfully
- The legal and regulatory frameworks that a strategic leader should consider to ensure that their organisation is compliant and working within the law
- The kinds of challenges that a strategic leader may face when implementing strategy so that you are prepared for any obstacles that may be blocking your path to success
- Several different leadership theories that you can draw from in order to overcome these challenges and lead your team through testing circumstances
How we’ll help:
We’ve put together descriptions that will guide you through many of the items covered in the CMI syllabus, as well as providing additional resources to assist you with completion of the tasks.
Although strategic leadership will always present challenges, once this course is completed, you should be well equipped to confidently deal with them all.