Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
As the saying goes, failing to prepare is to prepare to fail. With this in mind, it is vital for managers to be able to successfully utilise operational plans that ensure that their team or department will contribute effectively to achieving the organisation’s goals.
In this course, you’ll learn exactly what goes into an operational plan and the kinds of skills and techniques you might need to create and implement one. On top of this, we’ll assist you in understanding:
6 credits and 60 total learning hours
- The principles that underpin operational planning, as well as how to create an operational plan that will help to achieve your organisation’s strategic objectives.
- The different approaches you can take to creating an operational plan in order to adopt a method that suits your team and organisation.
- The types of legal, organisational, and ethical factors that you’ll need to consider when constructing your plan to help make sure that your plan is both compliant and correctly principled.
- The different ways that you can lead and manage an operational plan to make sure it is implemented without a hitch.
- Techniques for effective decision-making and solving any problems that may pose a threat to your operational plan.
- How you can monitor the progress of your operational plan. This will make sure that everything is, well, going according to plan!
How we’ll help:
We’ve put together descriptions of some of the main ideas covered by the CMI syllabus, as well as providing links to additional articles and videos to help you deepen your knowledge of operational planning.
To return to our opening statement, completing this course should ensure that the foundations are set for you to be preparing and planning for success!