Conflict is an ever-present fact of life and the workplace is no exception! People will always find something to disagree on, whether it’s principles, processes or ideas. But, if properly managed, conflict can actually be useful, leading to new ways of thinking and progress.
It is essential for anyone who manages people to understand conflict in all its forms so that it can be managed, resolved and prevented where necessary. This requires knowledge of the causes of conflict, the methods of resolution and the skills required to support the people involved.
This course has everything you need to be effective at managing conflict at work through its coverage of the following:
5 credits and 50 total learning hours
What you’ll learn:
- How and why conflict occurs in the workplace to enable you to get to grips with the underlying causes
- How conflict impacts the organisation and what can be done about it
- Help to understand and identify the stages of conflict so you can intervene appropriately
- The range of methods you can use to allow you to professionally resolve conflicts
- The skills and understanding you need to be able to resolve and prevent conflict
How we’ll help:
We have provided insights, explanations and resources covering many areas of the course to support you in completing your tasks and becoming an expert in managing conflict in the workplace!