An organisation’s success is dependent on the individuals within it performing to the best of their abilities. That’s why as a manager, it is vital that you are able to manage the performance of your team in a way that takes full advantage of their skills.
However, there are many factors that go into determining an individual’s output at work. Perhaps they are finding themselves overworked, or they could be encountering difficulties in their personal life. Whatever you face when managing performance, this course can help you be prepared.
5 credits and 50 total learning hours
- The rationale behind performance management, allowing you to explain its importance to others within your organisation in order to get their buy-in
- The types of legal and organisational frameworks relevant to performance management to help you ensure that your organisation is always compliant and the processes you put in place are aligned
- Different tools that can help identify precisely in which areas of your organisation performance management might be necessary
- Key principles and processes for performance management to ensure that you manage performance responsibly and effectively
- Reasons why people may be underperforming and how best to respond to help you manage your team in a considerate and empathetic way
- How to develop the strongest performers in your team in order to maximise their potential
How we’ll help:
To help you effectively manage your team, we’ve put together descriptions of a variety of key points covered by the CMI syllabus, as well as listing additional resources that will be useful to you in both your tasks and your career going forward.
Now it’s over to you to bring the best out of your team!