A team’s environment can have a huge impact on its productivity and progress. If you can create the right environment for your team, then you’ve laid a secure foundation for its success. As a result, it’s vital for a manager to understand the elements of a productive working environment, what to promote and what to avoid.
In this course, we show you how to create and maintain an environment that fosters a supportive, collaborative team and, when tensions arise, how to resolve them quickly and effectively.
Specifically, you will learn:
- How to promote collective ownership of your team’s work – do this right, and your team will go the extra mile to ensure their work is a success!
- How to avoid a blame culture to ensure your team quickly learns from mistakes, whilst mitigating the negative impacts of blame on morale
- Ways to create a trusting environment so that you can cultivate strong relationships with and within your team
- The causes and different types of conflict so you can more successfully recognise tension and take steps to mitigate it in its early stages
- The Conflict Mode Instrument Model that provides you with five fundamental ways to address conflict in your team in different contexts
- How you can use direct support to build a resilient team that is more adaptable and able to manage stress
This is a very practical course, focusing on your role in developing and maintaining that positive and effective working environment. As a result, we provide an accompanying workbook for you to apply everything you learn to your own role, ensuring that you leave the course with a plan of action to lay those solid foundations!
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Building a Productive Team