Approaches to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Changing attitudes towards social justice is making equality, diversity and inclusion more of a priority than ever before. To comply with legal requirements, satisfy staff needs and retain a good reputation, those leading organisations must put equality, diversity and inclusion at the forefront of everything they do.
To do this effectively, it is imperative that those in positions of leadership understand their role in developing working practices that promote equality, diversity and inclusivity. As you can see, there is a lot to learn here, and it is vital that you understand the significance of the content. But don’t fret! Luckily, we’re here to help you do so.
8 credits and 80 total learning hours
What you’ll learn:
- Define and recognise structural inequality so you can work to minimise its impact on individuals in social and organisational contexts
- Identify the issues that prevent inclusive working within your organisation so you can help develop effective practices that improve this
- Apply your knowledge of key regulations, terminology and behaviours to help ensure your organisation never fails to meet minimum legal and good practice requirements
- Understand how aligning an organisation’s strategic objectives with equality, diversity and inclusion ideals can help cultivate an inclusive culture
- Recognise the moral, financial and legal benefits of inclusive behaviour and the success this can bring to your organisation
- Develop strategic priorities for inclusive working practices that can be successfully embedded into your organisation to address its specific inclusion needs
How we’ll help:
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed, but we’ve developed this bespoke guide through the world of workplace inclusivity so you’ll be provided with a selection of useful insights and references to complete your tasks and become a champion of equality in your organisation.