Principles of Delivering Coaching and Mentoring
Coaching and mentoring can be hugely effective methods to improve the skills, confidence, or knowledge of people within an organisation. Whilst these benefits will be felt most directly by the individuals being coached or mentored, the organisation as a whole can also benefit through improved staff retention and succession planning.
However, coaching and mentoring aren’t as simple as they may seem. Suppose the coach and coachee do not get on very well, or the organisation is not committed enough to assign the right resources. What then? This course is designed to guide you through the essentials of coaching and mentoring, including how to choose the right approach that will maximise the scheme’s chances of success.
5 credits and 50 total learning hours
What you’ll learn:
- The differences and similarities between coaching and mentoring so you know the ideal approach to adopt in different situations
- The benefits of coaching and mentoring for individuals, teams, and entire organisations so you can explain their importance and earn buy-in from peers
- Key models of coaching and mentoring to help you design and deliver a structured coaching or mentoring programme
- How to develop a mentoring plan or coaching process to match the needs of the individual and the business
- The necessary skills and competencies required by an effective coach or mentor so that you can successfully recruit individuals into these roles
- Obstacles to coaching and mentoring and how you can overcome them to keep the scheme on track
- Methods of evaluating the success of coaching or mentoring so that you can make any necessary adjustments to maximise the process’s benefits in the long term
How we’ll help:
Although delivering or managing a coaching or mentoring programme can be an intimidating prospect, our team of tutors have put together descriptions of many of the main points across the CMI syllabus, as well as providing additional resources to help you successfully oversee a top-quality coaching or mentoring programme.