When organisations chase new opportunities to grow and expand, some degree of risk is inevitable. As Yvan Byeajee, a famous trader and investor, put it: “Risk and opportunity are two sides of the same coin”.
For example, there’s the risk that a new competitor copies your product but does it better, or that the government imposes new legislation, restricting its sales. Or, perhaps the economy enters a recession and one of your major suppliers goes into liquidation. The scenarios are endless!
While it’s not possible to anticipate and overcome every possible risk, there are measures organisations can take to lower the degree of risk to a new strategy. By considering risks and how to mitigate them during the strategy formulation process, an organisation can increase its chances of long-term success.
That’s exactly what we’ll be covering in this course: how to identify and prepare to effectively manage the risks likely to impact your organisation’s business strategy.
Provides 12 hours of CPD
What you’ll learn:
- How to analyse your organisation’s strategy and its environment to identify risks that could impact your organisation’s success
- How you can help guide your organisation to the best strategy and manage its risks more effectively through scenario analysis and strategic choice
- How your organisation could use disruptive technologies to gain a competitive advantage as a disruptor, and the risks and opportunities involved
- How to determine which method of strategic growth is appropriate for your organisation, considering the different types and their related risks
- The importance of stress testing your strategy’s risk management to find any flaws and address them before the risk occurs and damage can be caused
As well as covering the integral aspects of managing the risks during strategy formulation, we also provide a workbook for you to apply what you learn, providing you with an understanding of what you can do to help your organisation develop its own bulletproof strategy!
By returning your completed workbook, you can earn a certificate of completion for your completed CPD hours.
What’s included in the course?
- Thoroughly explores the concepts, theories and models for this topic
- The content is professionally explained by our expert tutors alongside a visual presentation
- Come with downloadable audio files so you can listen to the content offline and on the go
- Full coverage of the video content using engaging and easy-to-follow language
- A range of examples to show you how these concepts might apply to real-life situations, e.g. in finance
- A practical exercise for each module based on the subject’s application in a finance team
- A series of exercises purpose-written for the course
- Designed to get you to apply what you’ve learned to yourself and to your own organisation
- Can be used as a basis to make suggestions or improvements in your team or organisation
- The visual presentation from the video can be accessed for note-taking and for browsing alongside the video or audio download
- Can be viewed as still slides or in an interactive format to move around the screen
Purchasing the course
To purchase this course, simply add the course to your basket with the button below and then either proceed to checkout or continue browsing for more CPD courses…
Astranti CPD Course:
Measuring Performance: How to Drive Your
What our satisfied customers say…
Excellent materials and lots of support when needed.
I used Astranti materials and I can honestly say they are an excellent course provider. The materials are expertly delivered, easy to follow and very motivating. Highly recommended.
Astranti is an excellent centre for anyone wishing to pursue their professional education and learning. I find its courses highly relevant and practical, the content well-organised and its administrative service efficient. Engaging in an Astranti course is truly a rewarding experience and a worthwhile investment.