15% OFF OCS Pre-seen Materials, Mock Exams & Marking. Use promo code: OCSPRENOV19FB (ends 30/09/2019)
CIMA Operational Case Study – Mock Exams – November 2019 – Chokolate Box
No matter how well you know the theory and the pre-seen, unless you can use your knowledge in an exam situation, all of your revision is worthless!
To make sure you pass first time, you need to prepare yourself for even the most challenging of questions under exam conditions. That’s why we create 3 brand new mock exams for each case study sitting, each tailored to the latest pre-seen and based on topics we think you are most likely to see in your exam.
Our case study mocks will:
- Test your overall knowledge of the syllabus and the latest pre-seen
- Highlight your weaknesses to focus on in your remaining revision
- Improve your time management skills in an exam environment
Are you ready for the CIMA exam?
- Exam standard mock exams, replicating the real thing
- Use the interactive version to test yourself in an online environment which mimics the real exam
- Updated for each case study sitting to relate to the latest pre-seen and industry
Learn from your mistakes
- Comprehensive solutions provided online with every mock exam
- Solutions include model answers so that you can see how high-quality answers are structured and written
- Compare your answers the solutions to assess your own performance
- Marking is available as an add-on to get detailed personalised feedback on how to improve.
Focus your revision
- Identify areas of weakness so you can focus your revision on the key areas for you
- Format replicates the final exam so there are no surprises when you enter the real thing
- Attempt the mocks as many times as you like within the sitting, so that you can keep testing yourself as you progress through your studies
Mock exam synopses – November 2019 – Chokolate Box
OCS Mock Exam 1 - Synopsis
Following on from this, Chokolate Box asks you to look at a variance analysis for the Operations Director and give advice on an ethics issue before advising on variance budgeting and forecasting techniques and their implementation within Chokolate Box. The mock finishes with a snap decision to rent out a factory building and outsource some of its production elsewhere.
OCS Mock Exam 2 - Synopsis
Mock 2 opens with Chokolate Box trying to deal with issues with its Teeland plantation. Initially you are therefore asked to assess various aspects of this area of the company’s operations.
Moving forward, Chokolate Box attempts to address the issues with its plantation by hiring a new Director, with governance practices requiring assessment here. Further ventures to reduce the company’s reliance on its Teeland plantation are then explored, while in the background constant changes and suggestions are being made regarding the management of the financial side of the business.
OCS Mock Exam 3 - Synopsis
This mock begins with the news that Chokolate Box is expanding overseas. Such a big change brings a number of new challenges and questions to the fore, starting with where to open these stores, and how this new area of the business should be accounted for.
External issues such as the environmental impact of expanding overseas are scrutinised, alongside internal matters like the reporting of refurbishment expenditure and determining the correct level of stock. As the company moves closer to the opening of its first overseas store, the focus then turns to marketing and in particular the benefits that a social media marketing approach could provide.
Finally, following the opening of the first overseas stores in Kewland, an initial analysis of performance is required, namely providing context to the sales variances. The company isn’t losing focus on it’s operation is Essland though, with another key focus the benefits is can provide to its employees to boost both motivation and retention
By purchasing marking and feedback for your case study mock exams, you will be assigned your own OCS exam marker who will mark your mock exam, highlight your strengths and weaknesses and give you detailed feedback as to how you can improve on your exam performance.
Our marking & feedback will:
- Offer a helping hand, from an experienced, CIMA qualified tutor
- Provide you with a 9-page document highlighting what you did well, what needs improvement and how to go forward with your studies
- Maximise your marks by giving you specific areas to focus on in the remainder of your revision
- Improve your exam technique – our markers know exactly what it takes to write great answers and score high marks
“From what I see on the market, Astranti certainly seem to be the most effective at preparation for the case study exams. I received very good guidance from the text and from the Astranti markers. I passed at the first attempt and that was due to the superb preparation Astranti gave me.”
“Astranti helped in clear my OCS (Operational Case Study) with their mock tests. It was my second attempt and I had no idea where I had gone wrong! Their detailed results to the mock proved useful, helpful and great insight into how the attempt the exam. The tuition videos are also of tremendous help to understand the concept!”
OCS Mock Exams 1-3
Mock exams not included. Please purchase mock exams individually first*
Marking & Feedback x3
*Purchasing marking & feedback products only will not give you access to mock exams. Mock exams will need to be purchased alongside or before marking & feedback in order to get full access. Please note mocks take 3-5 days to be marked and returned with feedback. Solutions are available with all mock exams as standard.
Note: Please allow for 2 weeks after the pre-seen release date for us to update our mock exams. You can still purchase the materials for your studies now, as they will be updated automatically in your account as soon as they are available for your pre-seen. The mock exams will be available for up to 3 months (or until the end of the case study exams for your particular sitting).
Mock exam questions will be printable however the solution documents will be available online only.
Find more operational study materials